Black*Star, you little wimp.
I kinda sorta cheated in that one of them is a shot of my hair from a wedding I was in back in May, but it was pretty enough that I wanted to include it. I tried to include all pics I haven’t before.
I dooooon’t think I’m gonna tag anyone because I can’t remember who has and has not done this, but here you are.
As of today, there are 37 days left until the 8500-word checkpoint.
We would just like you to know, that even if you’ve written nothing yet, you only have to write 229 and seven-tenths of a word a day and you will meet the rough draft requirement on October 1st! You got this in the bag.
So, with that in mind, here is a giant collection of handy advice, tools, tunes,
and silly mouseoversto help you write like the wind!
First things first: Treat yoself.
- CARPAL TUNNEL STRETCHES
- did you know chewing helps your brain do the thing?
- get comfy, don’t forget to feed yourself, and remove pants (optional)
Set the mood with some writing music, should you so desire.
- transformative -indie, alternative, shoegaze, soundtrack 27 minutes
- remedy (the sequel) - this thing is 3 hours long
- i’m not your killer - vidya game musics, ambient, medieval, 1.5 hrs
- sounds like childhood - Up, Spirited Away, Howl’s Moving Castle, 35 min
- don’t stop - WERE YOU GONNA PUT THAT PEN DOWN? YOU BETTER STOP THAT RIGHT NOW
- delicate fantasies - folk, acoustic, chill, 1 hr
- RAISE HELL - write stuff and feel awesome while doing so. 1 hr 11 min.
- This String Is Moving Your Bones - 3hrs. Marsh’s resbang fanmix last year for Spectrum Beneath, by demand
- Exam Cram II - it’s not exam time but it can be cram time 11hr 32min
- Get Shit Done <3 - it’s not mean because there’s a heart 1hr 49min
- Songs I Love that Don’t Have Words - whoever this person is, they love songs that don’t have words 52min
- Femme Finesse - relaxing female vocalists 4hr 22min
- Audible Adderall XXXR - pumped up and productive 3hr 1min
- Audible Addreall XXXR 20mg - pumped up and productive the sequel 2hr 54min
- Writing - fairly self-explanatory 55min
Haven’t started yet? Strapped for ideas? Need inspiration? Try:
- hardcore culture/worldbuilding
- soul eater prompt archive
- writing prompt generator
- a list of lyrics and words
Can’t concentrate? Hate writing in notepad?
Other helpful tools:
- yesevenaccountants.tumblr - job descriptions to keep your stuff accurate
- creepy creatures and myths
- writing asexuality in fiction
- tip of my tongue - find that word you’ve been thinking of all day but just can’t remember
- geographical descriptors
- thesaurus.com (browser) (mobile- app allows you to download entire database, so you have the dictionary/thesaurus with you at all times offline)
- NaNoWriMo Masterpost of awesomeness
- 25 things you should know about outlining
- common grammar mistakes
- daily writing tips
- The Oatmeal’s how to use semicolons
- 100 ways to say ‘bad’
- 100 ways to say ‘went’
- grammarphobia - a q&a blog about grammar, etymology, usage, and the weirdness that is the English language
- mooderino.tumblr - storybuilding advice!
- neil gaiman’s 8 rules of writing
Need some motivation or community support?
Remember, ResBang isn’t a competition. A lot of people are stressed out right now, being intimidated by each other! Take a deep breath. It’s okay to be a little frazzled, this is a challenge after all. Just remember we are all there with you— try not to panic.
You can always back out if you need to, but remember that you can’t back in if you change your mind. So don’t give up, there is still time! 229 words a day. Try your best!
Your draft does not have to be a pristine product. It doesn’t have to be right on the first try; it doesn’t have to be complete. You just need to be at 8.5k words. If, when we are much closer to the checkpoint, you still feel unable to continue, please let the mods know either via email or ask.
that awkward choice when you have something to tell someone and go to message them and you realize you haven’t replied to the last thing they said so then do you answer the first thing or send them the second what is the correct social standard for this
ishimustard wanted soul in 10 or 45
Is anyone really familiar with home hair dying? With any recommendations for specific brands and/or home recipes?
Daily 81 - Soul Eater, Kirikou Rung
every once and a while I see pictures of these kids and I remember how much I loved this series